I think being healthy is such a broad term…and it applies to so many parts of my life personally: Mentally, physically and spiritually. It is hard to put into words how ‘health’ has changed my life, but better is a good start. 😉
Here are some things I do to fit health into my life every day and still love it each day!
- Drink 32 ounces of water when I wake up—then reward myself with coffee!! Hydrating is super important for many reasons and I have read that the first thing you consume is what you will crave all day. Plus we all know I will have the coffee anyways. No stopping the coffee consumption!!!!! ❤
- Eat a substantial & balanced breakfast; Protein, FAT and a few Carbs. I normally eat eggs and half of an orange or a few berries! OR sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon.
- While driving to work, I say a prayer for things I am thankful for AND which things I need to hand to God because I cannot work on them alone. Having a relationship with God helps me tremendously.
- Sitting up straight or stand tall to engage my core muscles. AND helps my posture.
- I take the longer route each walk to the bathroom. And if I have to go super bad, I take the longer route after using the facilities! If I am feeling really ambitious, I take the long route there and back!
- Drink lots of water–Minimum 64 ounces. And this means MORE long walks to the bathroom!
- Eat my packed lunch of Protein, FAT and a few Carbs — instead of going out to a restaurant! Saves time AND money. I normally do a meat/fish and veggies. Sometimes BEANITOS with hummus! They are amazing!!
- With the saved time–I walk during lunch while I am scrolling through the news or Facebook. Even if it is pacing in the hallway on a rainy day!
- I take the stairs and not the elevator in the morning and for my lunch walk! You can do it! Do it for the glutes!
- I take an afternoon break to go get fresh air and maybe even a 10 minute walk. Most days I go at lunch and 3PM during the afternoon office slump! Smokers get breaks, why can’t healthy people? 😛
- Check in with my fiancé and family each day. I put down my phone and the hustle and bustle of my day to give them my full attention. You would be surprised how challenging yet rewarding this one is for the soul!!
These were simple ways I started my health journey! Give them a try for a week or so and let me know how it went! 😀
Thanks for reading!
Spreading the love!!!!